As modern businesses evolve, job descriptions become a necessity for organizations seeking to:
- Create concise communication tools for the purpose of relaying job requirements to applicants.
- Define jobs in terms of performance planning, transfer, promotion, staff planning, career, and disability accommodation purposes.
- Communicate job duties and expectations to current employees.
- Ensure legal compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Create proper and compliant worker’s compensation classifications.
- Obtain legal protections for unemployment claims.
- Optimize the performance management of their current employees.
- Create a foundation to structure interviews on.